Spring is now in full swing and that means your lawn needs some TLC! This month we are featuring products that help keep you and your machines running safe! Today we will discuss one of the most important ways to help keep your machines safe and running smooth with STA-BIL® Fuel Treatment. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook & Instagram at @SureCanUSA to stay up-to-date on Safety Month!
We personally have been using STA-BIL® Brand Products over the past few years for many different things from lawn mowers, trimmers, leaf blowers, snow throwers, cars, trucks, and boats! We can't emphasize enough how important it is to properly treat your fuel. Whether you are storing gas in your SureCan gas can for the winter or breaking out your machines for the first time of the year to mow your lawn, STA-BIL provides extra protection!
From a residential home owner, lawn care professional, or even the outdoor adventurist, STA-BIL® has been engineered to be the most reliable and trusted name in fuel stabilizers and treatments for over 60 years so you can keep doing what you love most.
STA-BIL® offers a few different product options to choose from based on the gas you use. STA-BIL® Fuel Stabilizer can be used in both your non-ethanol AND ethanol-blended gas.
Each product below comes with different features:
STA-BIL STORAGE – Long Term Storage (over a year)
STA-BIL 360 PROTECTION – Everyday Ethanol Protection
STA-BIL 2-CYCLE OIL – Lubricates and Protects
Fill The SureCan. Treat The Fuel. Feed Your Machines
Why should I put STA-BIL® in my SureCan and not Directly in the Equipment?
· The purpose of putting a fuel additive directly into your SureCan gas can is so you are always prepared. Add the correct amount into your SureCan and then any gas that is poured from the SureCan into any equipment is treated without having to second guess if you treated a certain piece of equipment or not.
· Another thing you can do to prevent confusion is to add one of our Fuel Type Labels to your SureCan. Each label comes with a Notes section so that you can label exactly what is in your SureCan.
Can the gas in my SureCan go bad?
· The short answer is yes. When gas sits and is exposed to air and the elements, gas can start to go bad after 30 days. The easy solution to protect your gas is add STA-BIL® Fuel Stabilizer right after you fill your SureCan up.
Why should I add STA-BIL® to my SureCan right after I fill up?
· Great question! Once you fill up at your local gas station, it is important to treat your gas right there so then no matter what piece of equipment you fill up, it will already be treated! Saves time and will help keep your machines running.
· Oh, and did we mention STA-BIL® contains fuel system cleaners to keep you fuel system running at its best!
What if I didn’t treat my gas right away?
· Add it at soon as you can! At that point your gas will protected. The longer you wait, gas will continue to break down till it goes bad. Bad gas will not ignite properly and your equipment will not run at its best.
· Another benefit of treating your fuel each time is that you will not have to try to get rid of bad fuel. Help reduce the amount of fuel wasted each year and dispose properly to protect the environment. Please contact your local recycling center regarding hazardous materials in your area.
Should STA-BIL® be used with Ethanol and Non- Ethanol Fuels?
· Yes, while ethanol free gas will stay fresh longer on its own it will still go bad. Also, our products contain fuel system cleaners and corrosion inhibitors which are good to run with all fuels through out the season.
Why do we use STA-BIL®?
· STA-BIL® is America’s #1 Fuel Stabilizer, has been around for over 60 years, and is proudly made in the USA in Chicago, IL!
· We only recommend and use the best to treat our fuel in our SureCans.
· Check out how STA-BIL® Beats the Competition!
To learn more about STA-BIL®, follow on social media!
1. Facebook - STA-BIL BRAND FUEL STABILIZER
2. Instagram - @STABILBRAND
3. YouTube - STA-BIL
We would love to hear your story about how the SureCan has helped make your life a little bit easier. Each month we will feature a new My SureCan Story, please submit yours by emailing us at Social@SureCanUSA.com and don't forget to include pictures!